55 persons have tested positive for COVID-19 at Accra Girls Senior High School according to the media release by Ghana Education Service and Ghana Health Service.
According to the statement released, as at 13th July 2020, today, 314 persons both students and staff in the school have been tested and 55 of those persons have the COVID-19 disease and 259 persons tested negative.
The school was reported to have recorded 6 Covid-19 cases after it was alleged that a teacher and his wife was rushed to the hospital due to Covid-19.
Parents and guardians rushed to the premises of the School to take their children home but were refused to enter the school by the police.
From the contact tracing, 55 more people have contracted the virus in the school.
The Ministry highlighted the measures taken by the school to control the spread of the virus. Some of which are;
1. Identification and segregation of contacts from other students.
2. Disinfection of the entire school
3. Education on COVID-19 prevention and control has been intensified
4. Counselling and psychological support is being provided to the students
5. The school has designated a quarantine and isolating center.
The press release was signed by the Director General of Ghana Education Service and Ghana Health Service.
Below is the press release.